I love my "goose neck" tap set in the French kitchen - but it created a frustrating problem I hadn't anticipated.
As you can see (below) there isn't enough clearance between the bottom of the window frame and the tap lever. I confess I said several rude words when I discovered my mistake!
I considered a few different options to solve the problem but decided on the easiest fix and out came the sandpaper. The bottom of the window frame is no longer a tight fit on the window sill but at least it clears the taps. The gap isn't noticeable from the inside. I added an extra strip to the exterior framing to cover the gap that certainly was visible from the outside but it's not really necessary in the long run because a window box will be added later. However, in the meantime it'll keep Emily safe from cold draughts when she's washing the dishes ;)
Also I've overcoated the green on the cabinet with a coat of chalky pale grey as I decided the original colour was too strong in such a tiny kitchen, especially when there was no other similar green to link it to. I think this new colour sits much more happily with the surrounding grey shades.
Since taking these photos I've also added a touch of off white to the sink to diminish the pristine look of it.
The last couple of days I've been busy fitting out the bathroom - more plumbing, but at least no troublesome taps - photos to come soon.
The kitchen tap set was purchased from www.miniatures.com - click here to go directly to the set on their web site.