Friday, March 26, 2010

Using Photoshop for minis - tutorial


Carol at true2scale, a fulltime graphic designer with a love of miniatures and dollhouses, has published Part 1 of an ongoing tutorial about how to use Photoshop in miniature making. So if you're like me and you don't know your GIMP from your Elements 8, but would like to add some skill with digital graphics to your repertoire, check out Carol's blog. She's planning a 'how-to' that will cover producing a design like the Paris stencil I posted recently. Who wouldn't like to know how to do something like that!!??

While you're there scroll down thru her other posts, I'm in love with the seamstress shop at the bottom of the page :) And don't miss a recent post entitled "A Printie for your Easter Basket" which uses a cookie box design of hers. There's still time to add one (or two) to your dollhouse Easter scene :)

See you in design school! ;)

8 comments:

Glenda said...

Thanks for the link, Norma - photoshop gives me the heebie jeebies, it's just one step too far in the electrickery world. Maybe I'll give it a go now . . .

Glenda

rosanna said...

Thank you Norma. I know noting about photoshop and every bit of information is welcomed!

dora said...

Muchisimas gracias, seguiré el blog de Carol.

dora said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
miniacollection said...

Thank you for the link.
Geneviève

PAKY said...

Thank you Norma for the link, is beautiful the Easter Box, and Carol tuto is great! Regards

Carol Mittlesteadt-Kubrican said...

Norma, thank you for the kinds words. I hope that the tutorial will live up to everyone's expectations :) If anyone has suggestions on what they would like to see, please email or leave a comment on my blog. Thanks again!

Jo Raines said...

Thank you for letting me know about her. I have Photoshop but do I know how to use it??? No! I use the free version of Picnik to lighten and give my photos contrast--that's all I can do! So I need this!

Jody--and I was thrilled to hear from you! I couldn't believe you called and my whole family was standing there staring at me trying to figure it out! LOL!