Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Arrival secret revealed - look who flew in from The Netherlands!!

The sun came out for a few moments this morning so I could get my camera out and can now reveal the arrival in Sydney of this little fellow ...

You could have knocked me over with a feather (please pardon the pun!) when Marit told me that this little fellow was winging his way to Sydney!! I had admired him from afar but now he is mine, all mine - how lucky can a girl be?!! THANK YOU MARIT!!

This is the happy conclusion of a saga that began in March when I (jealously) admired a lovely little birdcage Brenda (Cozy Little House) had purchased at her local garden centre (along with some other lovely minis) and posted about it on my blog.
Then in May Marit posted on her blog (Black Cat Cottage) that she'd made a similar birdcage complete with little bird adorned in peacock feathers...


With Marit's permission I posted about her birdcage, including this photo, here on my blog and created a bit of confusion with several people assuming that the photo was taken by me and that I had the little cage, and it's occupant, in my possession. Marit thought this quite funny as she in fact was planning to send me the birdcage but wanted it to be a surprise and commented that perhaps a few bloggers may have psychic powers :)

Now, several months on from my admiration of Brenda's mini cage purchase I have this splendid cage, with beautifully plumed bird, of my very own. The skill that has gone into making this little cage and bird is simply amazing to me. I'm sure I could never make anything like them. It will be my pleasure to give them a home on this side of the world (eventually most likely in the French apartment above the brocante).

Thank you again Marit for your kindness and generosity. It is greatly appreciated.

18 comments:

Glenda said...

So sweet!! How kind Marit is!!

I've watched a video online about how to make a feathered bird - this is a lovely incentive to try it!

Catherine said...

What a wonderful gift! I do love bird cages.

Margaret said...

It is great, congratulations Norma, I am sure you will give it a lovely home in your Brocante. Marit is very clever!

Carolyn said...

That is so lovely! Congratulations!!

Claudia said...

What a nice ending to the story, Norma! You now have the birdie and the cage. Yippee!

xo
Claudia

Sans! said...

Haha! Now we can tell you all over again, what a great gift! :)

Merry Jingle said...

Oh, you must be so happy, it's wonderful :)

rosanna said...

Marit has been so kind, the bird and its cage are incredible. I'm sure they are even better by real.You mst be a very happy girl. Mini hugs Rosanna

The Old Maid said...

Great gift! Beautiful work! Lucky you Norma!:)

Irene said...

You ARE lucky! It's a beautiful thing and the little bird is sooooo nice.

Flora said...

Ha ha ha, what a mess! But in the end, everything ended well, for you: have the beautiful cage!
Marit is a talented miniaturist and a lovely person, like you :-)
Mini hugs, Flora

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

Wonderful! It will look geat in your brocante upstairs.

Meli Abellán said...

My congratulations Norma!! Marit is so talented! It's a lovely.
You are so lucky!!!
Warm regards,
Meli

Anonymous said...

That little birdcage is just splendid; what a wonderful gift! And such a talented and generous person Marit is!

miniacollection said...

It is a beautiful gift, I know you will cherish it. What a story! ...
Thank you for your nice comment on my blog.
Geneviève

Brenda Pruitt said...

Well, what do you know! It's a small world. Can't wait to see what you do with this! Aren't bloggers a kind and generous bunch?
Brenda

Francy said...

What a wonderful gift! I love the bird! Congratulations dear! Kisses.
Francy

Marit said...

It's so weird to see all those lovely comments on my work, just makes me blush!

Marit