Friday, June 20, 2014

Two week transformation challenge - Part 5



I promised you the colour reveal so here it is, a bit late and not the entire facade, but that's coming soon I promise. The contrast between the roof and walls is a bit greater than it looks here, the walls are a shade or two lighter in reality.  

The paints used are Taubmans Beige Ash (roof) and Quill (walls) complemented with Skull White (windows) which is a Citadel brand paint used by model makers which I borrowed from my son - once again Warhammer meets dollhouse! It's very similar to Whispering Winds, the shade suggested by Taubmans to compliment the darker 'greige' shades, but I used the Skull White because of the advantage of being able to spray it on which makes it much easier and quicker to deal with the intricacies of the window frames. 

It's almost time to turn my attention to the interior which involves making new dividing walls - one job that I won't be doing myself but will be delegating to my younger son who, unlike his mother, can saw in a straight line! I'm unlikely to post over the weekend but hopefully there will be quite a bit of progress to reveal on Monday. 

Thanks again for all your comments and email messages - they're definitely the petrol in my tank! 

5 comments:

Susan@minicrochetmad said...

It's looking very chic Norma, great colours!

Marisa said...

I agree with Susan I love the colors :)

Plushpussycat said...

I can hardly wait to see the after-weekend post! So exciting! xo Jennifer

elizabeth s said...

You must be Flying! I admire your drive to get this done Norma. So far from what you have shown, this house will be quite a show stopper! How will you be able to part with it?

John said...

Love the color choices!